Assistant Store Manager - sassanova (BETHESDA)
Sassanova has been dressing fashionable women since 2003 and we are passionate about curating versatile and sophisticated wardrobes for our fashion-forward clients. With three locations in Maryland: Green Spring Station/Lutherville, Bethesda Row, and Harbor East/Baltimore, we carry a highly curated collection of contemporary women’s fashion, shoes, and accessories. At Sassanova, you can expect classic, well-made apparel which will have a place in your closet for years to come, as well as vibrant, fun and on-trend looks that are as unique as our clients.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Assistant Store Manager to join our team. As Assistant Store Manager, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the Store Manager in all aspects of store operations, including sales management, staff supervision, customer service, and inventory management. You will be a key part of our mission to create an enjoyable, memorable and inspiring shopping experience that makes Sassanova the preferred destination for all of our clients’ styling needs. The ideal candidate has exceptional leadership skills, a proven track record of driving sales and exceeding targets, and a passion for helping others look and feel like the best versions of themselves. This is a full-time position offering competitive compensation and an opportunity to grow as the business expands.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drive store-level financial and operational results by consistently monitoring the store’s key performance indicator (KPI) targets and taking appropriate action to achieve store targets.
- Assist the Store Manager in day-to-day operations, including opening and closing procedures, cash handling, and ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Lead by example in providing exceptional customer service and cultivate strong relationships with clients to drive sales and foster loyalty.
- Coach, mentor, and motivate sales associates to achieve individual and team sales targets, providing ongoing training and feedback to enhance performance.
- Support the recruitment, training, and development of new team members, ensuring a high level of product knowledge and service excellence.
- Oversee merchandising and visual presentation standards to create an inviting and luxurious shopping environment that showcases our brand aesthetic.
- Monitor inventory levels and assist in inventory management processes, including receiving shipments, conducting regular stock checks, and coordinating merchandise transfers.
- Collaborate with the Store Manager to analyze sales reports and KPIs, identify trends and opportunities, and implement strategies to maximize sales and profitability.
- Assist with special events, promotions, and client initiatives to drive traffic and elevate the brand experience.
- Dedication to set and achieve sales goals
- Analytical and math skills to create and analyze reports and sales statistics
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work with all team members
- Ability to make positive, long lasting first impressions with customers and turn them into long-term relationships
- Initiative to seek fashion and product knowledge to build your expertise
- Attention to detail as you work with the team on merchandising, product displays, and maintaining store appearance
- Enthusiasm to tackle additional tasks critical to the business including restocking merchandise, price markdowns, light cleaning, etc.
- Initiative to adapt to shifting priorities; ability to learn quickly
- Personal style and flair for fashion
- Flexibility as the hours and schedule will vary by week depending on the business needs
- A minimum of two years retail management experience, preferably in a high-end or luxury fashion environment.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets, with a strong understanding of sales techniques and customer relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a book of business, including cultivating relationships with repeat clients and driving sales through personalized service and targeted outreach initiatives.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills – you are energized by working with people, both customers and your team.
- A bias towards action: You are an “owner” who does not hesitate to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- The desire to coach and mentor: You see potential in your team and enjoy growing that potential; you have experience motivating and inspiring your team to deliver exceptional results.
- An eye for detail: You know that the little things – be it cleanliness, the extra touch, or a few decimals – can make all the difference.
- The desire to problem solve: You like finding problems and fixing them.
- The ability to multitask: You can prioritize and execute at many different tasks each day.
- The desire to learn: You recognize that the world of retail is ever changing and you want to be at the forefront of it.
- Proficiency in GSuite and experience with retail POS systems (e.g., Lightspeed).
- Physical requirements: Ability to stand 8-10 hours, light lifting (up to 15 lbs)
- Flexibility to work a variable schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- A keen eye for style trends, with a deep understanding of luxury brands and designer collections
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Performance-based bonuses
- Employee discounts on merchandise
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement