Assistant Store Manager
We are looking for an Assistant Manager for both our Baltimore and Bethesda, MD locations. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the daily business operations of the boutique. General tasks include tracking sales goals, supervising employees and scheduling, engaging with customers to drive retail sales and ensure an exceptional customer service experience, and carrying out directives provided by the manager and the store owner.
- Assist the store manager in realizing and exceeding determined sales plans and target metric objectives
- Ensure consistent execution of company’s brand and values through interactions with sales associates, customers, and the community
- Train staff on how to drive sales through consistent development of product knowledge and customer service standards
- Maintain proper inventory controls and inventory knowledge across all three Sassanova locations with the ability to share and sell products available online and/or offsite
- Serve as a stylist and customer service representative, meeting sales goals while providing exceptional one-on-one styling and customer care
- Position yourself as a trusted authority on fashion trends, designers, and style
- Set up, style, and maintain merchandise displays
- Assist with staff schedules and shift change requests
- Interact with customers and resolve complaints or grievances
We will value your:
- Dedication to set and achieve sales goals
- Analytical and math skills to create and analyze reports and sales statistics
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work with all team members
- Ability to make positive, long lasting first impressions with customers and turn them into long-term relationships
- Initiative to seek fashion and product knowledge to build your expertise
- Attention to detail as you work with the team on merchandising, product displays, and maintaining store appearance
- Enthusiasm to tackle additional tasks critical to the business including restocking merchandise, price markdowns, light cleaning, etc.
- Initiative to adapt to shifting priorities; ability to learn quickly
- Personal style and flair for fashion
- Flexibility as the hours and schedule will vary by week depending on the business needs
You’ll thrive at Sassanova if you have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive, collaborative approach to getting the job done
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Organization and follow through
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
- Minimum 3 years of retail experience, preferably in fashion retail
- Minimum of 1 year as an Assistant Retail Manager or comparable position
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Competitive pay with opportunities for performance-based increases
- Great associate discounts
- Meaningful sales incentive program
At Sassanova, our mission is to make women look and feel amazing - all while providing exceptional service and a personalized, unique, and fun shopping experience for everyone who walks through our doors. Our expertly curated collection of the best in women's clothing, shoes, and accessories allows us to offer a broad range of options for today’s modern women.
Our team consists of smart, creative, dynamic, and passionate people who are entrepreneurial in spirit and love the challenge of building a brand, exceeding customer expectations, and making Sassanova the go-to destination for women in the Baltimore/Washington areas.
Sassanova is poised for growth - we are looking for new team members who share the same work ethos as we do: hard-working, collaborative, and enthusiastic - and who can make themselves invaluable assets to our small but mighty group!